In the context of the suffering and changes being wrought by the pandemic, the two-hour world conference will focus on the continuing urgent need to abolish nuclear weapons and its relationship to stanching the climate emergency and challenging injustices which have left so many people marginalized and vulnerable. Additional sessions of the World Conference and four workshops will be for a healthier time in the future.
Editor’s Note; This video is about two hours long but can be listened to/watched in shorter segments; each panel is about an hour long. To hear the voices of activists worldwide is a powerful experience. This program is well worth taking the time to listen.
• Sharon Burrows (ITUC, Australia)
• Reiner Braun (IPB, Germany)
• Joseph Gerson (AFSC/CPDCS/IPB, USA)
• Emad Kiyaei (IDG Group, Iran)
• Hiroshi Takakusaki (Gensuikyo, Japan)
• Rev. Liz Theoharis (Poor People’s Campaign, USA)
• Dr. Carlos Umana (IPPNW, Costa Rica)
• Wada Masako (Japan Confederation of A- & H- Bomb Sufferers Organizations, Japan)
Subscribe to RiseUpTimes.org Support independent media. Please donate today. Thank you!
Truth is not fake news. Justice is not fake news.
We don’t have to tell you what dangerous times we face.
We need your help to bring you timely articles and information about so many important current issues in these Rise Up Times. Please donate today and share articles widely.
The contents of Rise Up Times do not necessarily reflect the views of the editor. Articles are chosen for republication based on the interest of our readers. Rise Up Times republishes articles from a number of other mostly independent news sources as well as original articles and stories.